Best Roasted Chicken EVER
Yield 4-5 servings
Start with fresh ingredients! When a dish has so few ingredients you want to make sure they are the best ingredients.
- 1 (5-6 lb) fresh whole chicken
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 large bunch of thyme, plus a tablespoon to sprinkle on top of chicken before roasting
- 1 lemon, cut into 4ths
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 4ths
- extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) of unsalted butter at room temperature
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove chicken giblets from cavity of chicken & pat dry with a paper towel.
- Liberally use salt & pepper inside the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with thyme, lemon, onion, and garlic.
- Slide your fingers between the breast meat and the skin of the breast (being careful not to tear the skin).
- Using your hands, take half of the stick of butter and work it under the each breast and massage it as far back as you can to get the entire breast covered with butter.
- Rub outside of chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and sprinkle liberally with fresh thyme.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours being careful not to let the chicken get too brown. If it starts to get too brown loosely cover it with aluminum foil and finish roasting.
Recipe by Maria Did That! at https://mariadidthat.com/2017/01/threaded-comments/